The Co-op sells books, software and general merchandise sourced from Australian and International suppliers. Items ordered from overseas are priced at the conversion rate at the time of import and include freight and GST. Co-op Members are charged the Members Price, as listed against each item.
The Co-op's Price Beat Promise
TERMS & CONDITIONS, November 28th 2017
- The Price Beat Promise is available to Co-op Members only.
- The Price Beat Promise applies to all new products except secondhand books, course notes and course readers.
- The Price Beat Promise applies only to identical products. The ISBN and/or Barcode found on the competitor's new product must match that held by the Co-op. A title or name match is not sufficient to prove that the product is identical.
- The Price Beat promise will be applied to the Member price when a cheaper identical product is found, IN STOCK, at an Australian retailer.
- The product must be lower than the Co-op's Member Price once all shipping costs and any additional charges are taken into account.
- Australian retailer is defined as an Australian company (with ABN) holding stock on local premises and charging GST on sales to Australian customers. The product supplier is not considered an Australian retailer.
- Proof of the competitor's price and stock availability must be provided upon claiming the Price Beat promise.
- Provided that the competitor's price and immediate availability can be confirmed at the time of purchase, the Member Price will be reduced to the competitor's price (including shipping costs and any additional charges) minus $1.00.
- Clearance Items do not qualify.
Online Customers – Claim via the PriceBeat Form
- Online customers can fill out the PriceBeat form here and the Co-op will revert with confirmation within 5 business days of receipt.
- Online Customers get additional 14 Days PriceBeat Promise- If you find the item cheaper up to 14 days after your date of purchase, we beat the price, as long as it follows the above Terms & Conditions. - This is also valid if you purchased the item from The Co-op, and it went on sale within the 14 days period. (Only Valid for purchases online)
- If the claim is valid, the Co-op will provide a voucher equivalent to the difference between the Co-op Member Price and the competitor's price (including shipping costs and any additional charges), plus $1.00. (The voucher can only be used for purchases on coop.com.au)
Physical store customers – Claim in your local Co-op store
- You can claim the PriceBeat directly in any Co-op store, provided you follow the above Terms & Conditions.
- Your local Co-op Store, can also PriceBeat products you have found online. If you have seen it cheaper online and it follows the Terms & Conditions, you can show the product on your phone to the Store Manager, and they will beat it with a smile.