Join the Co-op for Member discounts & save for life...
Savings on Everything
You get fantastic discounts on everything.
Online, or in over 60 stores. Members also get an extra 15% off secondhand textbooks.
Price Beat Promise
You enjoy exclusive access to Price Beat Promise.
Find any item cheaper at another Australian retailer and we'll beat the price! Read more.
Bank with ME & get $75 in Vouchers
Open an Everyday Transaction Account with ME and get:
Refunds on ATM fees^
5% cash back on tap & go™ for 3 months*
$25 Co-op voucher# $50 STA voucher±
Remember, in addition to books, we sell hundreds of fun and exciting products such as the latest phone accessories, fresh beauty products, funky gifts and more.
We're constantly evolving and adding to our epic range and know you'll love what we've got - at discounted Member prices just for you, of course.
We've also been giving back to students and universities since 1958 via scholarships, sponsorships and support (we've given back over $65million) - so you know it's all good!
(Add's Membership to your cart, and gives instant discounts on the items in your cart.)
ME's Everyday Transaction Account (ETA) has everything you need in a bank account. When you join the Co-op and ME, there’s heaps in it for you, including:
You get free access at any ME ATMs as well as their preferred ATM network of Westpac, St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs. Plus, you will also get a refund on fees incurred at all other ATMs in Australia within 30 days of the transaction.
You get 5% cash back paid by ME for 3 months every time you make a purchase within Australia using tap & go. The cash back will be paid into your account within 30 days of the transaction.
There are no monthly account-keeping fees to worry about so your money’s yours and only yours. This means you can enjoy everything you need for day to day banking, without any unexpected costs or hoops to jump through.
For banking on the go, ME's mobile banking app is a must-have. You will be able to make transfers, send money to people, pay bills and check your account history, all the while protected by secure banking technology. You can even check account balances without having to log in.
I apply to be admitted as a member of University Co-operative Bookshop Limited ("the Co-operative") and to be allotted 1 share of $1 in the Co-operative. In full payment for the membership and administration fee, I enclose the sum of $25.00.
I acknowledge that the Co-operative has made available for inspection at the Co-operative’s registered office at Level 1, 15 Foster Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010 a copy of the consolidated rules of the Co-operative (“Rules”), a copy of all special resolutions that would apply to a prospective member passed by the members of the Co-operative (except those relating to amendments of the Rules) and a copy of the latest annual financial reports of the Co-operative.
I agree to be bound by the Rules.
1. I am over 16 years of age; and
2. I will purchase goods from the Co-operative during the next 6 years.
1) The Board will consider my application and, if approved, I will be allotted the share and my name will be entered on the Register of Members. I will not receive any notification of acceptance of my membership application. If my application is rejected, the Co-operative will send me a written notification and a refund of my membership application moneys and administrative fee (without interest) to the address specified on this form within 30 days of such rejection, and my entitlement to use the Co-operative card issued to me upon application will cease;
2) The Co-operatives National Law as amended from time to time ("the CNL") requires the Rules to impose a duty on all persons who become members to be active members of the Co-operative. In order to remain an active member, I must make a purchase from the Co-operative during the 6 year period as follows:
a) If my application is accepted, I will be deemed to be an active member of the Co-operative for a period of 6 years from the date on which my name is entered on the Register of Members (“Period”);
b) My active membership of the Co-operative will cease if I fail to renew it prior to the expiration of the Period;
c) I can renew my active membership for a further period of 6 years by lodging a renewal form with the Co-operative and completing the declaration on the renewal form that I have purchased goods from the Co-operative within the preceding 6 years;
d) There is no limit on the number of times that I can renew my active membership. Each renewal will be for a further period of 6 years;
e) I will not be required to pay any fees to renew my active membership;
f) If I am not an active member, I will not be entitled to vote or stand for election on the Board, but as an inactive member I remain entitled to members' discounts; and
g) If I am an active member and I am under 18 years of age, I understand that I will not be entitled to vote.
3) Shares in the Co-operative are non-transferable and non-refundable;
4) I may elect to receive an electronic or hard copy of the Co-operative’s annual financial reports (“Annual Reports”). I request the Co-operative not to send me any Annual Reports, whether as an electronic or hard copy; and
5) The Co-operative may at its discretion change these Membership Terms and Conditions at any time without giving me prior written notice. Upon becoming a member of the Co-operative, I agree to receive communications from the Co-operative by email or other electronic means about its products and services and third party partner information and offers (including, but not limited to, news, travel, charity, financial and telecommunication goods and/or services) that the Co-operative believes may be of interest to me. I understand that to the extent permitted under the CNL the Co-operative may also provide notification to me by way of the Co-operative’s website at www.coop.com.au. I understand that I may opt out of receiving communications at any time by selecting the opt-out function in the communications from the third party. I may opt out of communications from the Co-op by logging into my account at www.coop.com.au and updating my preferences.
These membership terms and conditions have been amended and adopted effective from 31 August 2015.
Co-op Members who open an ETA with a co-branded Debit MasterCard® as a single account holder from 8 February 2016 will receive: ^free ATM access: free access at any ME ATMs and our preferred ATM network of Westpac, St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs. Receive a refund on fees incurred at all other ATMs in Australia within 30 days of the transaction. ME may change or withdraw this offer at any time. *5% cash back: cash back will be paid by ME for 3 months from ETA opening on purchases made in Australia using tap & go™ for amounts of $100 or less. The cash back will be paid into your account within 30 days of the transaction. Cash back is only available on the fi rst ETA you open. The offer will not apply to contactless purchases that: (1) are non-personal including transactions for business purposes; or (2) exceed the fair use we expect by an individual using an ETA for personal use. ME may at its discretion cancel the cash back offer on any or all contactless purchases and/or close the account. #Co-op $25 e-voucher: Co-op will email you an e-voucher within 7 days of ETA opening. The e-voucher is not redeemable for cash and a lost or stolen e-voucher will not be replaced or refunded. The e-voucher expires 12 months from the date of issue and unused credit after the expiry date will not be refunded or credited. The e-voucher code can be used online at coop.com.au or in-store. ±STA $50 e-voucher: Must be presented at the start of the consultation process. Valid on all new airfare bookings made in conjunction with a minimum of $500 worth of accommodation, touring and/or travel insurance. The e-voucher is valid until 31 December 2016. Only one e-voucher may be redeemed per person and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. Not redeemable for cash. Non-refundable if part used. Valid in-store only. University Co-operative Bookshop Limited ABN 70 009 937 160 (02 9325 9600 coop.com.au) promotes and distributes ME deposit products as an authorised representative of ME (13 15 63 mebank.com.au). Members Equity Bank Limited (ME) ABN 56 070 887 679 AFSL 229500 is the issuer of the ETA. Fees and charges apply. This is general information only and does not take your personal circumstances into account. You should consider the ETA terms and conditions (available on request or at mebank.com.au) and whether the ETA is appropriate for you. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. Tap & Go is a trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Adding to cart