Membership Terms & Conditions
I apply to be admitted as a Member of University Co-operative Bookshop Limited ("the Co-operative") and to be allotted 1 share of $20 each in the Co-operative. In full payment for such shares, I enclose the sum of $20.00. I agree to be bound by the rules of the Co-operative, as amended from time to time.
In making this application I declare as follows:
- I am over 16 years of age; and
- I will purchase goods from the Co-operative during the next 6 years.
I understand that:
- My application will be considered by the Board. If approved, the share will be allotted to me and my name entered on the Register of Members. No notification of acceptance will be sent to me. If my application is rejected, written notification and a refund of my application moneys (without interest) will be sent to the address specified on this form within 30 days of such rejection and my entitlement to use the Co-op Card issued to me upon application will cease;
- The Co-operatives Act 1992 as amended ("the Act") requires that the rules of the Co-operative must impose a duty on all persons who become Members to be active Members of the Co-operative. In order to remain an active member I must make a purchase from the Co-operative during the 6 year periods specified below;
- If my application is accepted, I will be deemed to be an active member of the Co-operative for a period of 6 years from the date on which my name is entered on the Register of Members (“Period”);
- My active Membership of the Co-operative will cease if I fail to renew it prior to the expiration of the Period;
- I can renew my active Membership for a further period of 6 years by lodging a renewal form with the Co-operative and completing the declaration on the renewal form that I have purchased goods from the Co-operative within the preceding 6 years;
- There is no limit on the number of times that I can renew my active Membership. Each renewal will be for a further period of 6 years;
- No fee is payable by me to renew my active Membership;
- If I am not an active Member I will not be entitled to vote or stand for election on the Board, but as an inactive member I remain entitled to Members' discounts; and
- If I am an active Member, but I am under 18 years of age, I will not be entitled to vote.
I acknowledge that in accordance with the Act, Rule 16 of the Co-operative's rules provides that my Membership may be cancelled and my shares in the Co-operative forfeited in certain circumstances including not being an active Member for at least 2 years. Should these circumstances arise and my Membership is cancelled pursuant to Rule 16, I agree that the Co-operative may appropriate the money due to me upon cancellation as a donation to the Co-operative if the Board is of the opinion that repayment would adversely affect the financial position of the Co-operative.
As a Member (active or inactive) I may, subject to the Act and the Rules, request at any time after two years from the date on which my name is entered in the Register of Members of the Co-operative to purchase my shares, cancel my Membership and repay to me the amount paid up on my shares.
Upon becoming a member of the Co-operative, I agree to receive communications from the Co-operative about its products and services. I understand that I may opt out of receiving these communications at any time by logging into my account at www.coop.com.au and updating my preferences.
- Architecture & Interior Design
- Art & Design
- BBeauty Products
- Business & Management
- Business Strategy & Leadership
- Computing & Technology
- English Language Resources
- Food & Cooking
- GGames & Puzzles
- Gift Books
- Nursing & Midwifery
- QQuantitative & Qualitative Analysis
- Software & Tech Gear
- Stationery & Gifts
- Study Guides
- Travel Books
- Travel Accessories