PO Box 54
Broadway NSW 2007
Telephone: +61 (0)2 9325 9600
What information we collect and why
When you become a registered user of the Co-op website (Site), or when you become a Member of the Co-op or shop online, we ask for your name, your email address, your mailing / shipping address, and in certain circumstances, your telephone number, address, date of birth or credit card details.
On the Site we invite you to:
- set up a membership of the Site;
- register and shop with us on the Site;
- select your contact preferences for notices from the Co-op (whether by media, email, SMS, SMS voucher, mail or app notification);
- view products from participating vendors;
- subscribe to the Co-op 's email newsletters;
- submit your resume to us for consideration of job vacancies or employment purposes (If you submit your resume to us, we will keep it in a database for consideration of particular jobs that arise within the Co-op ); or
- tell us about your shopping experiences at the Co-op by completing a customer service survey.
Use of your information
We may also contact you about products and services in which we believe you may be interested. When we contact you in this manner without your prior consent, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of any further similar communications from us.
Privacy and the Site
If you visit the Site, we may also collect the following information during your visit:
- the date and time you accessed each page on the Site;
- the URL of any webpage from which you accessed the Site;
- cookies which track your visits to the Site; and
- the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
Contact with the Co-op
You will only be contacted by the Co-op Bookshop if:
- you register or become a member of the Co-op via the Site;
- you purchase a product or service via the Site, in which case we will send a purchase confirmation email or purchase confirmation SMS;
- you register with the Co-op to receive relevant information of our latest offers, current promotions and specials;
- a friend nominates you to receive a page from the Site. The email will be sent to you on behalf of your friend. You will not receive subsequent e-mail from us, because the Co-op will not record your e-mail address;
- you request information about our services when you choose to contact us. Unless we receive your prior consent, you will not be added to a mailing list of any kind and will only receive e-mail in the matter that you have contacted us about; or
- you provide your details and request that we contact you when you send us your resume or when you complete our customer service survey.
If you have subscribed to receive notifications from us, we may keep you informed of the latest offers, current promotions and specials of the Co-op, and any Media Releases, Annual Reports and Financial Reports of the Co-op (which may be accessed on the Site) via email newsletters, mails, SMSs, SMS vouchers or app notifications. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you may unsubscribe by logging onto the Site and deselecting your choices.
You are entitled under the Privacy Act to access the information we hold about you. You may do this by contacting us. If a person makes an access request, we will need to validate their identity to ensure that we do not provide information to anyone who does not have the right to that information. If you believe that the personal information we hold on you is not accurate, complete or up to date, then you may ask us to amend it.
We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged on the Site. All data is stored on dedicated servers, located in Australia, using EVSSL encryption. The security of our visitors' information is of great importance to us, and we will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your details are protected.
We take great care with the information we hold about you. Our aim is to ensure that any details are securely protected from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will take reasonable care to make sure that we keep your information in an accurate, complete and up to date manner. When that information is no longer needed, it will be permanently destroyed or de-identified.
Whilst it is true that no system is ever completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented provide appropriate protection.
You may be able to access external websites by clicking on links we have provided on the Site. However, these websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures, and we expressly disclaim any loss or liability arising in relation to your access to, or any information you disclose on, those websites. You will need to contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
If you have a complaint
We value our Members and customers. We will always aim to be fair and responsive. If you have a complaint, you have the right to expect that we will handle it in a friendly and professional way. When we receive a complaint, we look on it as valuable feedback that may help us to improve the services we offer and to ensure your needs are met in a satisfactory and appropriate manner.
If you believe that we have breached our privacy obligations, or you have any complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy by us, please contact our Privacy Officer on the telephone number or email address above.
- Architecture & Interior Design
- Art & Design
- BBeauty Products
- Business & Management
- Business Strategy & Leadership
- Computing & Technology
- English Language Resources
- Food & Cooking
- GGames & Puzzles
- Gift Books
- Nursing & Midwifery
- QQuantitative & Qualitative Analysis
- Software & Tech Gear
- Stationery & Gifts
- Study Guides
- Travel Books
- Travel Accessories