The Co-op FAQs cover the most commonly asked questions including ordering information, policies, Membership, campus services, and general enquiries.
If your question isn't answered here, or you need more information, please contact us.
Jump to a Section
Login or Register
- Click on the Register link on the sidebar (top right)
- Register with Facebook or complete the form
You can only register using your email address once. You will need to reset your password or contact the Co-op Online customer service.
- You can Login at any time
- Click on the Login link on the sidebar (top right)
- Fill in your email address and password
- Click the Login button, and continue shopping or
- Login with Facebook
- Clicking on the Facebook link will open a new window asking you to authorise Facebook and The Co-op to share some basic information, such as your email address.
- If you are now Logged in to Facebook you'll be asked to log in first.
- Once you've authorised the Co-op App you will be logged into the Co-op site.
- Whenever you come to the Co-op you will be automatically logged in
- To remove the Co-op App from your Facebook, go to your Facebook 'Account Settings' and choose 'Apps'
- Click on the Login link on the sidebar (top right)
- Click on the 'Forgotten your password?' link in the pop-up window
- Enter your email address and we'll email you a temporary password
I've changed my email since the last time I was online and can't remember what it was. What do I do?
- Click on the Login link on the sidebar (top right)
- Click on the 'Forgotten your email?' link in the pop-up window
- Enter your Member or Customer Number, if you know it, and your password to gain access
- Click on My Profile and update your details with your current email address
- Registration isn't needed if you just want to browse the site or use it for research.
- Registration is needed if you want to buy anything on the site.
- If you are a Member, Login means that the site displays your prices correctly.
Your profile is also the record of Member Shareholders so if you want to change your name please fill in this form and send it back to The Co-op Support Office.
You can purchase a Membership on the Membership Registration page. Fill in the details, read and accept the Membership Terms & Conditions, and complete your payment option. You will immediately be eligible for Member pricing, and other benefits.
The emails to new members are sent within a few minutes so if you haven't received yours please check your spam or junk folder. If the email isn't there we can send you a new one, just email us.
But first be sure to change your settings so that emails from email@example.com aren't blocked.
Your Member Card will be mailed to you and will arrive within 2 weeks of joining. You can still purchase online or in-store and receive your Member Pricing by quoting your Co-op Member Number.
Your replacement Member Card will be mailed to you at the address you provided within 2 weeks of the request.
When you join as a Co-op Member you are actually purchasing shares in the Co-op Limited, which means we need legal proof of a name change before your name can be updated for your membership. To learn more about what a co-operative is click here.
To change your name you can also email your change of name request attaching a scan of your ID.
No. When you join the Co-op you are actually purchasing shares in the Co-op Limited - a not-for-profit co-operative. In order to continue offering the best possible range, service and pricing, Member benefits are restricted to the individual who joins.
Yes, a transfer of membership can be done on request. There is a $20 Administration fee payable for transfer. Email us your request and one of our team will be in contact.
When you joined the Co-op you purchased shares in the Co-op Limited - a not-for-profit co-operative. You can sell your shares back to the Co-op and receive a refund for the amount you paid when you joined. To do this you need to have been a Member for more than 2 years. Click here to complete a request for cancellation.
You'll need to purchase a Membership. Registration lets you buy Online, but doesn't automatically give you a Membership.
More details of Membership here.
There are several possible reasons that you aren't being quoted a Member Price:
- Have you logged in? If not then the Member Price will be displayed but the totals in the shopping basket will be for the full value
- Does the product you're looking at have a lower Member Price?
- Are you a Member? Only people who have purchased a Membership are eligible for Member pricing. Registering on the website isn't the same as becoming a Member. You can read more here.
There are four easy steps to purchasing with us online:
Step 1. Login with your email address and password
Step 2. Add your items to the shopping basket
Step 3. Add your delivery address and payment details
Step 4. Confirm your order
No. You don't need to be a Member to order online. You do need to register in order to purchase items online but there is no need to also buy a Membership. Customers who are not Co-op Members will be charged the RRP or full price.
Learn more about the features and benefits of Co-op Membership here.
The Co-op is also able to accept payment for online orders by PayPal.
Orders for textbooks using the 'Textbook Search' tool can be collected from your campus store.
Yes, you can order online for overseas shipping.
The Co-op accepts the following credit cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Diners Club. We also accept payment by PayPal and Co-op Gift Vouchers.
The Co-op uses Australia Post's standard delivery option for most orders delivered within Australia. Higher value orders are sent with the receipted delivery service which requires a signature on acceptance.
International deliveries are sent by Australia Post's airmail service.
If a courier or other premium service is required email our customer support for further information or, if you've already placed your order, contact the branch handling your order (refer to your Confirmation Email)
Most orders are processed within 1 working day. The delivery time will then depend on Australia Post. If an item you ordered isn't in stock we will order it from the Supplier. If it's available in Australia we can usually process the order within 10 days. For further information please contact the branch that is fulfilling your order (see your Confirmation email for details).
Availability: Availability refers to our web stock and is not store-specific, but individual store quantities can be seen at the bottom of each product page.
Available: This item is in stock and should ship within 1 working day.
Limited stock: We have limited quantities of this title and cannot guarantee immediate supply.
Currently not in stock: This title is currently not in stock. If you would like to place an order we will request stock.
On Order, Expecting Delivery Shortly: This title has been ordered as it is part of a text list. We will have it in stock very soon.
Yes. The Co-op sells books and software sourced from Australian suppliers at the Recommended Retail Price or lower.
We are happy to refund unwanted items that are returned to us providing they meet the guidelines in our Returns and Refund policy
There are three search options:
- The Quick Search box located at the top right of every page, for author, title or ISBN searches (or a combination of all three)
- The Advanced Search option which also has publisher and subject searches
- The Text List Search for course or subject specific enquiries
An ISBN is an International Standard Book Number (ISBN), a 13-digit number that uniquely identifies books and book-like products published anywhere in the world. ISBN's can be used to search the Co-op database.
Yes, the Co-op does accept PayPal payments for online orders. Simply select PayPal as the payment method when finalising your order.
As the Co-Op requires immediate payment, customers will not be able to make purchases with e-cheques via PayPal. For all other issues please contact PayPal directly.
Although customers can open a request for a refund through the PayPal website we suggest that you contact us directly first at firstname.lastname@example.org as we can refund to your PayPal account if required. Contacting us directly will greatly reduce the time taken to sort out any issues you may have with your products or our service.
Customers must choose between either paying via Credit Card OR PayPal, but Gift Vouchers can be used for a part payment with the remainder being payed by PayPal if you choose.
Texts Lists & Course Requirements
We have an online form dedicated to lecturers to submit their course details and requirements. Our stores on campus also have dedicated resources to help ensure that your students get their textbook requirements.
I searched for a text book and the results show multiple editions/packs, why and which one do I need?
Textbooks are often published in multiple formats, or with different types of online access cards, or are bundled in different pack combinations. Use our text list search to find out which edition or pack has been set for your course. If your course isn't listed in the drop down, contact your lecturer or course convenor and ask for the ISBN of the edition/pack you need.
My text list has a pack and some books which look like parts of the pack. Do I need to order them all?
Many courses use packs that include one or two primary textbooks plus some workbooks. The Co-op will usually list the pack and also all of the components. That gives the student choice, and also the opportunity to buy one book at a time, rather than all at once.
The short answer is, buy the pack, or the components, but not both.
The Co-op gets text list information directly from lecturers and departments shortly before the start of each semester, and is the correct set of books for your course. The information about textbooks in the Uni course outline is generally updated less frequently, and often has older editions or requirements.
No. Second-hand textbooks can be ordered through our partner Textbook Exchange.
Gift Vouchers & Coupons
Yes. The Co-op offers Gift Vouchers in two formats. Plastic cards can be purchased in-store or printable Gift Vouchers can be purchased online.
Yes. Co-op Gift Vouchers with a 12 digit number are redeemable online. The older cards beginning with "GV" and the 7 digits are not redeemable online, but can be swapped over for the new cards at any Co-op Store at no cost.
Plastic card Gift Vouchers can be purchased in-store at any Co-op over the counter. If you'd prefer to purchase your Gift Voucher online then please visit our Gift Vouchers page.
Co-op Gift Vouchers purchased online can be emailed to the recipient of your choosing. Alternatively you can print out your Co-op Gift Voucher and mail it to anyone you wish via conventional methods.
Yes. Our Gift Vouchers page will allow you to enter your Voucher number to check its current value.
To ensure the security of your Co-op Gift Voucher we restrict customers to three attempts at entering a valid Gift Voucher number before we lock them out of our system. This lock will last for 6 hours to prevent unauthorised guessing of a valid card number.
To read the Co-op 'Terms & Conditions' regarding Gift Vouchers please click here.
Coupon codes are entered during payment process after you click on the Checkout Now Icon. Below your shopping basket you will notice a section marked "Do you have a voucher or coupon?" simply enter your coupon code into the box marked "Enter your code".
Coupons are only valid for limited times and may have restrictions placed on them as to what items can be purchased with them. If you are unsure about the details regarding your coupon then please contact us at email@example.com.
Some Coupons are only valid if your shopping cart is over a certain value. If you would like to use your Coupon then please check the details attached to it and ensure that your shopping cart exceeds the value mentioned on the coupon.
The Co-op sells ebooks through a arrangements with a number of partners including The Copia, Cengage Learning, Pearson Education, McGraw Hill and Oxford University Press.
The Co-op sells eBook versions of a range of key textbooks. If the digital version of a textbook is available it may be included in the text list, or you can find it by searching for the author or title.
- eBooks can be bought at the Co-op Online.
- If the eBook is a part of your text list it can be found through the text list search option. Or you can search for eBooks using the standard search field.
- Add the item to your shopping basket, along with anything else you would like to buy, and complete the transaction as you normally would.
- You will be sent a Transaction Confirmation email, listing all the items you've just purchased. A second or so later you'll receive an email with download information and links for your eBook purchase. If you've bought more than one eBook, you'll receive a separate email for each one, as the download information and access codes are unique for each one.
- The email with the download information and access code is also your Tax Invoice.
- Some textbook publishers make ebooks available for sale in store by printing an access code onto a card. If you want to find out if a particular book is available in this way, search by title plus the word 'Card'.
Some textbook publishers make ebooks available for sale in store by printing an access code onto a card. If you want to find out if a particular book is available in this way, search for the title plus the word Card. Generally though, ebooks are available only online so you can access them immediately.
- It is important to take the time to read this before buying as eBooks can't be returned or exchanged.
- VitalSource eBooks can be read on a computer or laptop using a Windows or Mac operating system. VitalSource has also released apps for Apple and Android devices.
- VitalSource eBooks can't currently be read on Kindle, Kobo, BeBook or other dedicated eBook readers.
- For more information about VitalSource go to www.vitalsource.com.
- eBooks and other digital products aren't usually returnable because of the nature of the item.
- If ordering a textbook, please order through the Text List Search service to be sure that you're ordering the correct version for your course.
- If there is a problem with the quality of your eBook and you feel that it may be faulty then please email Co-op Online with the fll details of your order and the issue you are having. If an eBook is found to be faulty and cannot be fixed for you then a refund may be available to you.
There are several reasons for an eBook option not to be listed:
- the publisher may not have made a digital version available in Australia
- the digital version may not be appropriate for your course (eg eBooks can't be used in open book exams)
- the lecturer may have asked for the digital version not to be added
- the Co-op may not yet have an agreement with the publisher.
- First we send a Transaction Confirmation email that lists everything that was ordered so you have a complete record of the whole order.
- Then we send an email for each eBook purchased to make sure that access codes and download links don't get mixed up. These emails are also your tax invoices, so keep them safe.
- Go to the Co-op Online, sign in, and click on My Profile, then the previous transactions button. The emails for your eBook purchases can be resent from this page.
- But be sure to check your email filters (Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts should stop them being filtered out.)
What's the difference between the eBook I got free with my textbook and the one the Co-op is selling?
Some publishers allow a limited number of pages to be printed but, in general, eBooks can't be printed out.
The current range of eBooks available on the Co-op Online can't be resold or loaned.
- DRM stands for Digital Rights Management. This is how a publisher or other copyright owner controls how their digital products are used. DRM will determine how many devices the eBook can be read on, whether it can be printed, and if the book can be loaned to others. In some cases DRM will put a time limit on the access to the file, or update it if additional material is published.
- eBooks with DRM can only be read on devices that have the appropriate software (or are DRM enabled). There are many cheaper electronic readers that don't have DRM software and so eBooks with DRM controls can't be read on them.
- Technical support is provided by the publisher of the eBook, as they have the best and latest information about the technology they are using and any possible problems.
- The Co-op can provide assistance if you don't receive your access code, or if there is a problem with our website that stops you from ordering your eBook.
The Co-op Online allows you to buy only one copy of an eBook in one transaction. If you wish to purchase multiple copies you will need to do so in multiple transactions.
It's not possible to do this online at the moment but if you want to buy a class set please contact the Co-op with the details email@example.com.
About The Co-op
- There are over 50 Co-op stores located across Australia. See Store Information under the About Us tab to help find your nearest store.
- If you're looking for course requirements you'll need to contact the store on your campus as others may not carry those books.
A co-operative is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social, and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly-owned and democratically-controlled enterprise.
stArt is a Co-op initiative that promotes and profiles Australian student artists and designers and their work in print and online.
Yes, the Co-op offers Accounts for businesses, libraries, schools and other organisations.
To find out more, email us.
When you use our website and transact with us online, our commitment to the protection and privacy of your personal information is a priority.
- Architecture & Interior Design
- Art & Design
- BBeauty Products
- Business & Management
- Business Strategy & Leadership
- Computing & Technology
- English Language Resources
- Food & Cooking
- GGames & Puzzles
- Gift Books
- Nursing & Midwifery
- QQuantitative & Qualitative Analysis
- Software & Tech Gear
- Stationery & Gifts
- Study Guides
- Travel Books
- Travel Accessories