Through scholarships and sponsorships at all of our campuses we are able to support our student Members in their studies by providing more than just textbooks.
When you shop at the Co-op Bookshop you are supporting an Australian company, as well as our campus and wider communities.
We are proud to be a supporter of the various activities and functions on University campuses and across our Member network. Some of which include:
- The Co-op Bookshop is involved with Orientation Week activities
- Donations are given to support a range of events organised by student societies and university clubs, as well as those run by institution faculties and departments.
- We work universities and educational institutions to provide scholarships and book bursaries based on various criteria, e.g. equity/ hardship, academic results.
- Advertise in student and university publications in their integral role in student experience
- Host and attend book launches and events, many of which are titles written by authors on our campus.
We are proud to support AIME (Australian Mentoring Experience) - AIME partners Indigenous High School students with university students in a one-on-one mentoring program with the objective to increase Year 10, Year 12 and university admission rates for all Indigenous Australian students who participate. AIME has a number of sites around Australia, and has plans to expand to other universities. To find out more, or to walk with AIME visit them at www.aimementoring.com
We participate in Indigenous Literacy Day each year. On one day in September booksellers across Australia donate 5% of their takings to support this initiative which is a partnership between the Indigenous Literacy Project (ILP) and The Fred Hollows Foundation. Visit www.worldwithoutbooks.org to find out more.
We also partner with The Smith Family Learning For Life program. This program allows students to further or continue their education by assisting with expenses and support.
We support the Artists Books Project at Southern Cross University, which helps build their library collection of these unique books. Artists books are books created as a piece of art, produced by an artist either as a unique art object or as a limited edition. Entries are received from all over Australia, and showcase individual talent and creativity.
The Co-op Bookshop is pleased to be involved with the Human Rights Medals and Awards, sponsoring the Literature (non-fiction) Award
Our staff are engaged in supporting a number of other projects and charities, either by donating their time or with a financial contribution. In the last twelve months some of the charities and events, both large and small that have been supported are National Breast Cancer Foundation , Earth Hour, Australian Koala Foundation, Zonta Australia and the Australian Red Cross.
- Architecture & Interior Design
- Art & Design
- BBeauty Products
- Business & Management
- Business Strategy & Leadership
- Computing & Technology
- English Language Resources
- Food & Cooking
- GGames & Puzzles
- Gift Books
- Nursing & Midwifery
- QQuantitative & Qualitative Analysis
- Software & Tech Gear
- Stationery & Gifts
- Study Guides
- Travel Books
- Travel Accessories